- The typical home recently purchased was 1,860 square feet in size. Repeat buyers, buyers of new homes, married buyers and those with children under the age of 18 in the home typically purchased larger homes.
- The typical home purchased was built in 1996. First-time home buyers and single female buyers tended to buy older homes, while buyers who purchased in the South and buyers who purchased higher priced homes tended to buy newer homes.
- The typical buyer bought a home with three bedrooms and two full bathrooms.
- About half of homes purchased were on a single level, while two-fifths were on two levels.
- For more information on home characteristics that buyers want, read the 2013 Home Features Survey.
Click chart to view larger version.