- The share of home sellers who sold their home without the assistance of a real estate agent was nine percent. Of that nine percent, forty percent knew the buyer prior to home purchase.
- Eighty-eight percent of sellers were assisted by a real estate agent when selling their home.
- The primary reason that sellers choose to sell their home without the assistance of a real estate agent to a buyer they did not know was that they did not want to pay a fee or commission (46 percent).
- Approximately one-third of FSBO sellers took no action to market their home, and 64 percent did not offer any incentives to attract buyers.
- The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to $230,000 among agent-assisted home sales.
For more information on the annual Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, click here.