International Women’s Day is celebrated internationally on March 8th each year. It is a day to acknowledge the economic, political, and social achievements of women. In recognition of this day we can examine the profile of women Realtors® using the 2014 Member Profile.
Women in Real Estate:
- Women make up 57% of all Realtors®, with 53% licensed as brokers/broker associates, and 62% licensed as sales agents.
- 62% of women members are between the ages of 50 and 59.
- Women members were most likely to be married making up 68%, 19% were divorced, 6% are single/never been married, and 6% are widowed.
- 35% of women members have completed some college.
- 28% hold a Bachelor’s degree, 12% hold an Associate’s degree, and 10% hold a Master’s degree/MBA/law degree.
Real Estate Career:
- For 81% of women members, real estate is currently their only occupation.
- 55% of women members have been active as a real estate professional for 11 or more years, 31% between 3 and 10 years, and 14% have been active for 2 or less years.
- In a typical work week 57% of women members work over 40 hours.
- Only 4% of female members have cited real estate as their first career.
- Some of the previous occupations help by women members include:
- Management/Business/Financial: 18%
- Other: 16%
- Office Admin Support: 15%
- Sales/Retail: 14%
- Homemaker: 7%
- Education: 7%
For more information on International Women’s Day check the out the United Nation’s events page.
Find more information on Realtors® in the International Women’s Day Infographic and the Member Profile.