Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is observed on the third Monday of January and marks the birthday of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. This holiday is also recognized as a day of service, and is an opportunity to serve your community. Based on the 2015 Member Profile we can see how REALTORS® are volunteering in their community.
- Seventy percent of all REALTORS® volunteer in their community, and the typical REALTOR® who volunteers is 56 years old.
- Twenty-four percent of REALTORS® aged 65 and older volunteer in their community.
- Fifty-nine percent of the REALTORS® volunteering are females, and 41 percent are males.
- The South showed the highest percentage of volunteers at 39 percent, followed by the West at 31 percent, the Midwest at 17 percent, and the Northeast at 14 percent.
- Thirteen percent of volunteers were fluent in a language other than English.
- REALTORS® who previously had a career in the management, business, or financial field were more likely than any other previous career to volunteer (19 percent).
Find more information on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and opportunities to volunteer in your area at: http://www.nationalservice.gov/mlkday
View the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day infographic.
For more highlights on REALTORS® view the 2015 Member Profile.