Looking at data from the 2016 Member Profile we recognize REALTORS® for their hard work and successes this Labor Day.
- Sixty-five percent of REALTORS® are licensed as sales agents, 21 percent as brokers, 16 percent as broker associates, and two percent as appraisers.
- The majority of REALTORS® specialize in residential brokerage at 73 percent, followed by commercial brokerage at two percent.
- The typical member has been in the real estate industry for a median of 10 years, and has been at their present firm for a median of three years.
- Ninety-six percent of REALTORS® were certain that they will remain active as a real estate professional during the next two years.
- In 2015 the typical member had a median of 11 transactions, and a median sales volume of $1.8 million.
- REALTORS® worked a median of 40 hours per week in 2015, with 57 percent working 40 or more hours per week.
- Only four percent of members cite real estate as their first career, prior full-time careers include:
- Management/Business/Financial: 16 percent
- Sales/Retail: 16 percent
- Office/Admin support: 9 percent
- Education: Six percent
- Healthcare: Five percent
- Homemaker: Five percent
- None, real estate is first career: Four percent
- Construction and Government/Protective services: Three percent
- For 74 percent of REALTORS® real estate is their only occupation. This percentage increases with experience. Eighty-six percent of members with 16 years or more of experience cited real estate as their only occupation.
View the Labor Day infographic and find out more about REALTORS® in the 2016 Member Profile.