International Women’s Day is celebrated internationally on March 8th each year. It is a day to acknowledge the economic, political, and social achievements of women. In recognition of this day we can examine the profile of women REALTORS® using the 2016 Member Profile.
Women in Real Estate:
- Women make up 62% of all Realtors®, with women making up 56% of licensed brokers/broker associates, and 66% of licensed sales agents.
- Thirty-three percent of women members are between the ages of 50 and 59.
- Women members were most likely to be married, at 68%, 18% were divorced, 7% were single/never been married.
- Thirty-two percent of women members have completed some college.
- Fourteen percent of women members hold an Associate’s degree, 29% hold a Bachelor’s degree, and 10% hold a Master’s degree/MBA/law degree.
Real Estate Career:
- For 76% of women members, real estate is currently their only occupation.
- Fifty-eight percent of members who have been active as a real estate professional for 16 or more years are female.
- In a typical work week 54% of women members work 40 hours or more.
- Only 4% of female members have cited real estate as their first career.
- Some of the previous occupations help by women members include:
- Management/Business/Financial: 15%
- Sales/Retail: 14%
- Office Admin Support: 13%
- Education: 8%
- Healthcare: 7%
- Homemaker: 7%
For more information on International Women’s Day check the out the United Nation’s events page.
More information on REALTORS® is available in the International Women’s Day Infographic and 2016 Member Profile.