Looking at data from the 2018 Member Profile we recognize REALTORS® for their hard work and successes this Labor Day.
- Sixty-five percent of REALTORS® are licensed as sales agents, 21 percent as brokers, 15 percent as broker associates, and two percent as appraisers.
- The majority of REALTORS® specialize in residential brokerage at 70 percent, with commercial brokerage making up two percent.
- The typical member has been in the real estate industry for a median of 10 years, and has been at their present firm for a median of four years.
- Ninety-five percent of REALTORS® were certain that they will remain active as a real estate professional during the next two years.
- In 2017 the typical member had a median of 11 transactions, and a median sales volume of $1.8 million.
- REALTORS® worked a median of 40 hours per week in 2017, with 65 percent working 40 or more hours per week.
- Only five percent of members cite real estate as their first career, prior full-time careers include:
- Management/Business/Financial: 16 percent
- Sales/Retail: 16 percent
- Office/Admin support: Nine percent
- Education: Seven percent
- Healthcare: Five percent
- Homemaker: Four percent
- For 72 percent of REALTORS® real estate is their only occupation. This percentage increases with experience. Eighty-two percent of members with 16 years or more of experience cited real estate as their only occupation.
View the Labor Day infographic and find out more about REALTORS® in the 2018 Member Profile.