International Women’s Day is celebrated internationally on March 8th each year. It is a day to acknowledge the economic, political, and social achievements of women. In recognition of this day we can examine the profile of women REALTORS® using the 2018 Member Profile.
Women in Real Estate:
- Women make up 63% of all REALTORS®, with 57% licensed as brokers/broker associates, and 66% licensed as sales agents.
- Thirty-one percent of women members are between the ages of 50 and 59.
- Women members were most likely to be married, at 67%, 18% were divorced, 9% were single/never been married.
- 32% of women members have completed some college.
- Twenty-nine percent hold a Bachelor’s degree, 14% hold an Associate’s degree, and 10% hold a Master’s degree/MBA/law degree.
Real Estate Career:
- For 75% of women members, real estate is currently their only occupation.
- 30% of women members have been active as a real estate professional for 16 or more.
- In a typical work week 49% of women members work 40 hours or more.
- Seventy-two percent of women members volunteer in their community.
- Only 4% of female members have cited real estate as their first career.
- Some of the previous occupations held by women members include:
- Management/Business/Financial: 15%
- Sales/Retail: 14%
- Office Admin Support: 14%
- Education: 8%
- Homemaker: 7%
- Healthcare: 7%
More information on REALTORS® is available in the International Women’s Day Infographic and 2018 Member Profile.